Wormrot - Hiss (Album Review)

 

via Wormrot's official Twitter

    Every single time I would listen to my 'Dirge' CD I purchased off Amazon a few years back or listen to any of Wormrot's music on Spotify (especially their third full length album Voices), I would literally wonder when they were ever going to start putting out music again. I instantly had hope that this year might in fact be an okay year for me when I got the notification that Wormrot had a new single out. 'Behind Closed Doors' was the name of that single and it fucking shredded. My actual first thoughts were to just go tell Taya, the person I live with and I guess mostly spend my life with, even though she is 1000% not into this kind of music. That's just how much I was excited.

    Wormrot is a grindcore band from Singapore that have been creating and producing some of the heaviest, fastest, and (quite literally) some of the best extreme metal since the year 2007. For more reasons than none, the band is also known for going viral in 2011 when pictures of them performing with a goat were posted online.

Metal Injection

    Months went on and they released a total of five singles for this album. I listened to four of the five when released (Behind Closed Doors, When Talking Fails, It's Time For Violence!, Weeping Willow, Voiceless Choir) and somehow missed the last single 'Your Dystopian Hell'. These singles that I jammed prior to album release were all what I was hoping for the next Wormrot record to sound like. If the album was going to be less 'grind' I knew I was going to dislike the album, but luckily for me I loved the entire album because it's the perfect grindcore-combinated project to me at least. A few random songs here and there have amazing experimental Violin sections and pieces done by Myra Choo which add a perfected *chefs kiss* eerily mind bugging uniqueness to this project.

    Out of all 21 total songs on this album, not a single one is disappointing, every song is incredibly heavy in their own ways. Songs that I frequent would have to be Sea of Disease, Desolate Landscapes, Grieve, and Voiceless Choir, but like I said I really really enjoy every song. What do you think?

- Rhett Rhodes, @rhettrhodes98 on twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investigating ChezzKids Archive or 'Chezz.com', The Most Interesting Internet Mystery | www.Rhetter.com

Freddie Dredd - Freddie's Inferno (Album Review)

What's Going On With Ezra Miller? | Rhetter.com