Childhood Myth: Two Teen Boys Were Killed On Some Train Tracks After Smoking Weed and Falling Asleep

    Growing up, being the type of soul to always reflect on memories, I've tried to keep a collection of what's said or what happens in my life for as long as I could possibly remember. I've had countless journals and notebooks filled out over the last few years of useless information about myself; For example: I remember right now in this moment at the age of twenty three that back at the age of eleven, I would often think back of times when I was just developing a memory; three or four years old. It's incredibly interesting to me how it seems strange that not very many people I've known have ever really spoken of their first memories. Most people probably don't because of the postpartum depression like symptoms they get whenever their daydream about their teen years turns into a hard to handle nostalgia battle. That you'll lose. Always.

    When I was extremely young, sometime between the ages of four to six I went with my brothers and my grandma East of town into the country which is where my great grandpa (my grandma's dad) lived in an old farmhouse on a county dirt road. If you took a certain dirt road/alternate route, you'd pass right by a concrete bridge that was slightly covered in some pretty cool graffiti that my brothers and I were always pretty excited to see, and I don't know about them but I just thought it was cool that it was for the train and if I got to see a train in general while we got to gaze at it through the window. Besides that, this particular bridge is not actually relevant at all; train tracks are relevant though.

    I don't know about most people, but I know that I for sure was a very impressionable child growing up. That basically means that if you told me something whether it be true or not true when I was between the ages of four to six, and of course later on, I took it a serious as could be; I trusted so much and so many; my, how things have changed in twenty years! Anyway, that brings up this current story I'm talking about right now of sixteen year old Don Henry and seventeen year old Kevin Ives, two teen boys who were thought to have just fallen asleep on the train tracks and gotten run over and killed by a train (which tried to stop but couldn't in time due to its speed). This incident happened in 1987, when my father was only nineteen years old and had only been graduated from high school for a year at this time. He was pretty close in age of these two that were killed, so my grandma who was in her mid-forties at this time took it very serious that weed was not okay and that it could cause you to literally be killed by simple things like trains.

    So like I said, between four and six years old I was told that there was something out there in the world called 'marijuana' and that if you smoked it and were near any train tracks, you would automatically be struck by a train because you were 'high'. And because I was just a young child, I took that seriously as well and had somewhat of a fear of dying from a train hitting me no matter what the cause or scenario was. I didn't really like train tracks anymore or anything for a while growing up until I first watched the movie 'Stand By Me' and really fell in love with the movie, so walking a train track while using your common sense with friends seems fun.

    But, obviously within the last couple of years, I've heard this story from multiple storytelling YouTube channels and like I said before the boys were most likely murdered and placed onto the train tracks later on. A mysterious man was also seen a bit earlier by some guys on the train as they passed him and it's assumed by many that this mysterious figure was most likely the one who murdered the two teens. The parents of the two were the ones who pushed for the bodies to be exhumed and given a second look because they didn't believe the initial coroner report that the two were high and fell asleep on a set of train tracks; which as history has progressed and proved is quite ridiculous. Kevin Ives dad also had a good point that his son wouldn't set his rifle on the ground at risk of it getting dirty or damaged in anyway; facts, as every gun owner nearly shits when they see a perfectly good gun laying on some rough gravel or something.

- Rhett Rhodes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investigating ChezzKids Archive or 'Chezz.com', The Most Interesting Internet Mystery | www.Rhetter.com

Freddie Dredd - Freddie's Inferno (Album Review)

What's Going On With Ezra Miller? | Rhetter.com