Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm Is Going To Be Good, I Can Feel It

 by rhett rhodes // twitter: @rhettrhodes98
    Ever since about 2011, I have trying to tell my brothers that the creators of Adult Swim's original show 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force', Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis, would be making a sequel to their 2007 film 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters'. And as time kept going on and on, my brothers and I were simply just starting to believe that it would actually never really happen despite reading things online of speculations on a new movie. To my knowledge back in the day and even now, the sequel was going to be something involving the character of Chicken Brittle who we see in the first movie, which would make it a legitimate sequel if it were to have been made, but here with Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm it feels obviously less of a sequel to the first movie and simply a brand new standalone film featuring all the characters we know and love in yet another misadventure.

    Based off of the trailer, it appears that there is a bit more going on than a usual Aqua Teen storyline in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, in a usual Aqua Teen story there is always weird scenarios and interesting mythical anthropomorphic enemies and characters. From the plotline given to fans when the movie trailer released last week, we know that the Aqua Teens reunite after a falling out they once had and work together to defeat the 'Amazin' mega-corporation (which I believe is a parody of Amazon) that is run by a character named Neil, played by Peter Serafinowicz. And from the trailer it seems Frylock joins Neil for a brief period and Neil gives him a bit of a robot make-over. Of course, by the end of the trailer Frylock separates himself from Amazin and is working with Shake, Meatwad, and Carl to defeat Neil and what appears to be a ton of monstrous plants that vary in shape and size.

    While Frylock is with Neil, Master Shake and Meatwad live in the Aqua Teen's classic home we all know well but now it's run-down and almost completely destroyed from decay. One shot from inside the decaying house in the trailer shows Carl dancing next to the Aqua Teen's landlord Markula, a 4040 year old vampire that was introduced in season five. I enjoyed seeing Ignignokt and Err as well, and to be honest I'm hoping when it comes out that Emory and Oglethorpe make appearances and hopefully the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future has a cameo as I thought those characters were extremely funny on-screen together in Movie Film For Theaters.

    This movie comes out on 4K and Blu-Ray November 8th this year before it's set to stream on HBOMax in early 2023, and for no apparent reason I like the fact that I can buy it physically before it's even stream-able. In no way does it make me feel like I have an advantage over people who strictly stream their movies and have digital collections; I think I really weirdly just like having a movie physically on a disc in a case. As much as I appreciated the new Beavis and Butt-Head movie 'Do The Universe', I appreciate more how this new Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie went out of its way to secure a rating from the Motion Picture Association of America. Somehow it makes it look more official when you see the rating on the poster or in the trailer. I don't know why either.

    What are your expectations? Go tell someone about it, I don't want to know but thanks for reading my expectations!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investigating ChezzKids Archive or 'Chezz.com', The Most Interesting Internet Mystery | www.Rhetter.com

Freddie Dredd - Freddie's Inferno (Album Review)

What's Going On With Ezra Miller? | Rhetter.com